All Wired Up



Wire-crafted jewelry is truly an art.  The Phoenicians are the first civilization credited with creating jewelry from wire some 5000 years ago.  There are many examples of wire jewelry in ancient Rome, Greece, and Egypt.  Pieces have been found in the tombs of the Pharaohs.  Very few special tools are required to turn wire into a piece of jewelry you would be proud to wear or sell.  The artist bends, twists, and cuts the wire to create a beautiful piece of jewelry that is literally held together by a "string" of wire.  I prefer to use wire in my jewelry designs because is is sturdy:  There is little fear of breakage and the pieces never have to be restrung.  When I design on of these pieces, I feel as if I am creating heirloom jewelry for the future.


 
My second set of stepped out photos.  
 

 


I am really excited about Jodi Bombardier new book Weave, Wrap, Coil: Creating Artisan Wire Jewelry.  Have any of you purchased Jodi's book yet?  It is on my Santa list.  I can't wait to see her techniques in this book. 

Comments

  1. Leaving you a comment using safari. i love those earrings at the top of this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another spectacular project! I went looking for Jodi's book today at my B&N...no luck:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lately I feel like I *obsessed* by making wire-wrapped links with beads. I'm glad not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love all the jewelry in your article. Yummy, yummy, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise, your piece on the cover is so well-deserved. It is one of my favorite BAJ covers to date. I agree with you about creating with wire - after all of the time that goes in to designing and creating a piece, there's really some peace of mind knowing it won't be prone to breaking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These truly are lovely...congrats on the BAJ article--and the cover! I think I'm going to give this a try over the 3 day Christmas holiday.
    Bead Happy!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so cool, Miss Denise. Every time I come here there is something new to love. Thanks for sharing this beauty! And yes! I want that book too!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely Beeeautiful!!!!! Going to check out that book! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Your wirework is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am exiting to see your jewelery. Could I find it online sell of by some other way? I like it very much. Funeral Urn

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also love the earrings you have posted at the top here - especially the ear wires, what a beautiful idea just to make some simple earrings more interesting. I just love your style! I adore wire wrapping and need to do more of it. I've already ordered Jodi's book and am just waiting for Amazon to get it out to me - excited!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Bead Give-A-Way Ever!

Pretty Palette Reveal - January 2018

Bead Soup and Baseball