Pretty Palettes January Reveal

Pretty Palettes January Reveal


It is time for the 'Pretty Palettes" January 2016 reveal!  Erin Prais-Hintz has picked contemporary Russian photographer named Alexey Kljatov. (These are his images that you see here) as our inspiration for the December blog hop.

Erin states that "his insightful blog details the process by which he captures these fascinating ethereal macro images. He often shoots on a dark black sweater (which explains the hair-like bits in the dark photos), but I found it particularly fascinating how he achieves the look of the colored images with the snowflakes seemingly floating in space. (You’ll never believe what a plate of glass, a flashlight with a plastic bag to diffuse the light, and allowing the color to creep in from the print on the bags can do. Fascinating!) I would highly recommend a look at his work (and it is for sale as well in many printed items.)"




I found these photos absolutely incredible.  These little hidden motifs in nature are so inspiring.  My Bead Gallery® palette is



Bead Gallery® crystal glass faceted tube large
Bead Gallery® crystal glass faceted oval
Bead Gallery® glass rondelle crystal 3x4mm
Bead Gallery® crystal A/B snowflake 14mm glass

My design this month is called "Winter Chill".  I wanted to create a cascade of snowflakes.










http://www.halcraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Ice-Crystal-Necklace-copy.pdf

I hope my design for January 2016 inspires you!

Follow me on Instagram and check the Halcraft blog for more inspirational photos and designs.

Comments

  1. I am always amazed at your statement necklaces and how well designed they are, but I think this is one of my favorites of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love how this necklace hangs. The chain dangles almost look like lace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really made this feel modern and fresh! Thanks for joining in the fun, Miss Denise! Check back on January 3rd for our next Pretty Palettes challenge. Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I wanted to do this style. I went in a different direction. I'm so glad that you did ...it is awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Bead Give-A-Way Ever!

Pretty Palette Reveal - January 2018

Bead Soup and Baseball