Bead Star Deadline Extended


Good Morning everyone.  It is the last day of May, the deadline for entries into the "Bead Star" competition.  I received a couple of emails this morning stating that "The deadline has been extended to May 10".  This has created much controversy in the beading world.  Why would they extend the deadline 10 days?  Did they not get enough entries to have a competitive competition?  I would love to hear your thoughts on this matter.  I finished my entries 3 weeks ago.  I am proud of what I created, so I am not worried about the extra ten days. The downside for me is wondering if  voting will be pushed out another 10 days?  Let me know your thoughts.

Comments

  1. I am annoyed. I gave up many weekends to finish my entries ON TIME. Coming from the business world, I am very deadline oriented. (miss a deadline, lose a client.) Maybe if they'd promoted the contest better, they would have more entries! Oh well. I hope it doesn't push back judging--its already hard enough to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit, my first thought was lack of submissions, but if it gives another Artisan a chance to be included in the competition that may not have known about it by the 30th... I think it can only be a good thing. So many more chances to ooh and ahh over the physical representation of a persons creative core.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true, I haven't seen much in the way of advertising for this competition anywhere! what's up with that?
    I probably could have gotten a few more submissions done for the extended date, but I am just too tired, and kind of lazy. Can't wait to see what you submitted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot believe you "Lorelei" is lazy! I have never seen a designer pump out more beautiful designs than you. You are designer extraordinaire.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Bead Give-A-Way Ever!

Pretty Palette Reveal - January 2018

Bead Soup and Baseball